Friday, June 17, 2011

Death Brick

Let's hope this doesn't result in, you know, death.

After blog stalking during last season, I know about death bricks.  I knew that when I started working with John Hirsch, there was a good chance one of these suckers would end up on my training plan.  And here it is. This weekend.  A death brick.

I'm in my final push before Rev3 Portland ... my first 70.3.  Who ever thought I'd be racing half-iron distance?  I'm stoked.  I'm scared as hell too, which is exactly why I'm looking forward to this weekend.  I need to prove to myself that I can do this.  I need to get my head in this game and stop doubting myself.  I need to don my CREW kit, hit the road and get some big training in the books.  Apparently, I also need to puke so I know I'm doing it right.

Saturday is a long run (with a fun 5k thrown in at the beginning). Sunday is a 60mi ride / 6mi run at race pace.  This should be fun!

Bring it.
 

1 comment: